Q&A: Jo Sykes, Design Consultant
British fashion talent and Central Saint Martins alumna, Jo Sykes, has cut her teeth designing for Giorgio Armani and Alberta Ferretti in Milan, while also helming her own brand in addition to Aquascutum and Nicole Fahri. Now, Sykes is a design consultant and long-time Chinti & Parker friend. We sat down with the inspiring creative for a 20 Questions quick-fire.
1. You're no stranger to travel and have worked across the globe, what is unique to London as a fashion capital?
Placing creativity and innovation first.
2. What do you love most about living in London?
3. If you didn't live here, where would you live?
LA or NYC.
4. Which London neighborhood has the most inspirational style?
I like Brixton right now, such a quirky mix of people.
5. What's a great place that you know?
Behind This Wall on Mare Street. They make incredible, medicinal-like cocktails and Hawaiian poke.
6. Ideal lazy Sunday?
Petersham Nurseries (above).
7. Best London breakkie?
Nama in Notting Hill.
8. What are the five items you can't live without?
Nike Air Max, neroli moisturizer I make at home, sunglasses, a camera, chili.
9. Travel destination you are always happy to return to?
Italy. I love the food, the countryside, and the Italian passion for making things of beauty and quality.
10. A hotel you could live in?
Corral Del Rey, Seville.
11. Top style tip?
12. Top style peeve?
Bra straps with racer-backs.
13. Best-dressed woman in history?
Charlotte Rampling (below).
14. Best film for style inspiration?
15. Favorite fashion moment?
Princess Di in that black dress.
16. Favorite decade?
17. Last film you saw?
A Bigger Splash.
18. How would you describe the Chinti & Parker woman?
19. Fave piece from our current collection?
The navy Merino Sunglasses Sweater (below).
20. And finally, your last would be?
Raw artichoke salad.